Rabu, 22 September 2010

GE FXWTC SmartWater Whole House Filter

GE FXWTC Household Pre Filtration Chlorine

GE FXWTC Household Pre Filtration Chlorine

Bought three pitchers (1 x 2 liter, 2 x 1 liter). I wanted a square, heavy duty, well designed and functional pitcher that could survive the rigors of living in the fridge. There is nothing chintzy or nonsensical about these puppies. Heavy duty glass, space saving handle and spout which doesn't protrude past the body. No advanced engineering degree necessary to lock the lid either. Just press and turn. Most importantly, the lid stays put when I turn the 2 liter pitcher upside down to give my OJ a vigorous shake before pouring. Square design saves space in the fridge. Spout is a marriage between functionality and necessity. The "stubby" design protects it from getting banged up. Pouring is straight forward and no mystery if you don't make a meal out of it. Just put cup, glass, etc. under! the spout and let'er rip. Overall an excellent fridge pitcher (not much to look at though)that gets the job done.

I'm befuddled by some of the negative/critical reviews. If the pitcher is too heavy when full, get a smaller pitcher or don't fill it all the way. The lid has an O-ring but no groove(s) it can lock into. Hence, you have to push down to get a firm seal when locking. I found the handle design actually more conducive to lifting the pitcher when heavy. In short, this is an excellent pitcher that I would strongly recommend to anyone who is in the market for a quality utility pitcher.

Get your GE FXWTC Household Pre Filtration Chlorine Now!

7 komentar:

  1. My water has a VERY STRONG chlorine flavor, and these GE filters completely eliminate the smell and taste. I don't know about other toxins getting in my water but I am so happy with these filters. Will use them forever!!!

    BalasHapus
  2. I don't really know how to write a review on something I find quite boring! This is my husbands 'toy'. But, he cannot find these locally at a decent price so I always order them from Amazon. They always come quickly and arrive packaged very safely. All I know is they do the job!

    BalasHapus
  3. This filter does an ecellent job of filtering out the smaller particles (1-5 microns). Great for a small home with limited water usage (2 people).
    This model also fits any other brand of water filter housing that uses 9 3/4 inch x 2 1/2 inch filter cartridges.

    BalasHapus
  4. It did what it was supposed to do at a reasonable price. I don't know what else I can ask of a product.

    BalasHapus
  5. This was the exact filter I wanted. It fits my whole house water filtration system and I am very happy with it. Regular hardware stores do not carry them for some reason and I had to go to big box Home Depot in Virginia (a bit out of the way for a DC resident).
    Thank you for caring them!

    BalasHapus
  6. I had issues finding another GE filter so I had settled for the wound up string type of filter. It didn't last very long (1-2 months max). I bought this filter because it looks more durable and seems like it can filter out more than the basic filters. Good quality.

    BalasHapus