Kamis, 30 September 2010

works great if you install it right

Electrolux EWF01 Replacement Water Filter

Electrolux EWF01 Replacement Water Filter

I have been able to trim my average $224 monthly utility bill to about $125 per month by converting to 100% CF light bulbs, even above bathroom vanities, and in overhead and outdoor spotlighting. I was very happy to see my bill drop by about $25-30 a month on an annual comparison basis. Next, we started unplugging and turning off fans and lights that were not being used and then turning the thermostat up a degree.

I added double layer window treatments as well to keep the heat out. Every improvement had paid for itself and sheer curiosity led to the P3 International Kill A Watt Electricity Usage Monitor.

I plugged the power strip for my home entertainment center into this after plugging in my local utility rate, and then sat by with bated breathe waiting for the initial estimate. Nothing came through. I found out that this needed to run for at least a couple of days before it would come up with a number. Once I got a number I left it plugged in for a month and then checked again. Overall, I was very pleased. We have a 42" HDTV, HD-DVD player, xbox 360, stereo receiver with two speakers, Cable box, CD player, and a Squeezebox Duet system. Annually, the total cost is $54. I felt that was very reasonable, and it was nice to have a number. Next I plan to plug it into a lamp, and since all of our lamps are using the same bulb, I will be able to get a very good estimate of their annual (average) cost of operation as well.

If you're a big numbers person, or are looking to find ways to reduce your energy cost, this could lead you in the right direction, and it's a fun gadget to have.

Cons: screen is not too bright, and if you have it plugged in low behind things, it's hard to get to and read. Solution: buy a power strip liberator.

I think that the power companies should rent and/or loan these out to their customers (with a deposit of course). They're always trying to get people to use less energy, and this could be an affordable eye opener.

Get your Electrolux EWF01 Replacement Water Filter Now!

9 komentar:

  1. I ordered the wrong size the first time. My fault I guess, I typed in what I was looking for and ordered the first result that came up in prime. I should have double checked to make sure I had the right model, but Amazon replaced it for me with this one. And this works fine, fit was perfect. My original one was clear and you could see the water and filter stuff inside. This is covered in white plastic and had me worried at first but I have not had any issues. I have run several gallons through it.

    BalasHapus
  2. I drink a lot of water, so having this filter is a must for me. Removes the nasty taste my tap water has. Saves me a lot of money too as now I do not buy cases of bottled water.

    BalasHapus
  3. I had no issues installing the filter myself but saw lots of comments online about them leaking. Considering this is the same filter as the one you get from anywhere else it is a fantastic deal!. My suggestion is to check after a few days to make sure there are no leaks of any kind. Run the water for a bit after install and make sure you aren't continually getting air in the lines.

    BalasHapus
  4. I love my fridge, but it;s sometimes hard to find the spare parts. Here they are, and for a pretty good price. Stress free :)

    BalasHapus
  5. I have an ICON and this filter worked perfect. No leaks and water is fine, I actually double filter so my filters tend to last longer. Installing was fun as you need to send the water through for the first time. Use a big glass.

    BalasHapus
  6. I see no reason for the complaints about water leakage. As long as the model # matches Electrolux's recommendation, these are the exact same filters one would purchase direct from Electrolux. Of course, one must also follow installation instructions. These are a good buy.

    BalasHapus
  7. This was the first time that we needed to replace the water filter since we purchased our fridge and we thought hat out water filter was just horrible but with this new filter it came out better than it ever has

    BalasHapus
  8. water was running down the inside of the fridge, I bought this, popped it in and it was fixed. exact same filter sold at best buy only a lot cheaper! thanks

    BalasHapus