Kamis, 14 Oktober 2010

A perfect fit for our KitchenAid

Whirlpool Icemaker W10122502 2198597 2198678

Whirlpool Icemaker W10122502 2198597 2198678

It works, it's humane, and it's clean compared to other methods. Very easy to dispose of the body by tipping it into a plastic grocery bag and putting it in the trash. Plus it works right away, rats seem to accept it faster than traps, etc. that I've tried in the past. I put gloves or plastic newspaper bags over my hands when touching it so the rats wouldn't smell a human scent (and so I wouldn't have to touch it - lol :-)

After only 3 weeks (on a covered porch) it stopped working. I have returned it and will try another one. I contact the company and heard back immediately (on a weekend!!) that it had a 1 year warranty and if there is ever a problem in the future I can contact them directly rather than go through Amazon and it will be resolved right away. I am ordering the replacement unit today, and might invest in a second unit for the back patio (our subdivision is all wooden houses built 35 years ago on an old citrus orchard, so fruit rats are a constant battle, especially since we have a goldfish pond on our covered porch they like to hide and nest behind).

Impressive unit AND impressive customer service. Nice combination.

PS I do wish there was a was to control the ants, the food left inside attracks tons of the tiny "sugar" ants.

Get your Whirlpool Icemaker W10122502 2198597 2198678 Now!

8 komentar:

  1. The icemaker worked as advertised. Installation was fast and easy and was producing ice within a few hours. Matched my old icemaker perfectly.

    BalasHapus
  2. Tried to get the original part number that came with the refridgerator, but it's obsolete and this one is the replacement. I took the original apart and found it was going bad so I ordered this one. Pulling out the old one and installing this one is about 10-15 minutes. At first the new one rotated around and allowed water to fill it; then everything stopped there. I figured there was more wrong than the ice maker. A Sears technician came by and proved me right. It was also the sensor module that shoots light thru the grooves in the ice holder to the receiving side that had gone bad. He said it is not uncommon. Once the module was replaced the ice maker kicked in and it's been ice cubes ever since.

    BalasHapus
  3. Our Whirlpool refrigerator's ice maker died in 2008 or 2009. We were originally quoted a repair price of $350+ to replace it, so we just learned to live without (or rely on bagged ice from the grocery when need be).

    A little research on Google led me here, and the repair really was as quick as others have said--remove one retention screw, slide out old unit, attach new unit to mounting bracket, slide new unit in. Again, we should've done this years ago. :-)

    BalasHapus
  4. An exact replacement for our fridge. Easy to install. Started making perfect ice right away. The next morning we had a door full of ice. The only downside: once I had the broken ice maker removed I pulled the cover off of it and found the broken gear that was the real problem. It probably would have been much cheaper to replace just the gear. Still, not the part or the supplier's fault I can't diagnose a broken ice maker to the exact gear that's busted.

    BalasHapus
  5. Finally!!!! We have ice! We (my husband) waited 2 years before finally buying a new icemaker after our original maker quit working. It's very easy to install. I would have installed it but my husband had all the tools on his work truck. He had it installed in 5 minutes and we had ice in just a couple of hours. We have had a full bucket of ice ever since. What a beautiful thing!

    BalasHapus
  6. Item as described. Make sure you keep the Parts from the old one though (cover, etc). Plugged right in and started making ice instantly. Can't believe I waited 4 months for something this easy. (Installed into a kitchen aid)

    BalasHapus
  7. After purchasing several of the cheaper replacements I finally went for the OEM replacement. The final straw came when after literally months of the cheapo replacement jamming in all different positions, it finally jammed in the position that let the water run and run and run... if I had not been in the next room it would have flooded the house. Don't waste your money on the cheap stuff, spring for the OEM replacement. It's not worth the frustration and the potential damage to your home. After several weeks the new unit has not jammed once and the bin finally stays full.

    BalasHapus