Kamis, 07 Oktober 2010

THE One and Only Iced Tea

Luzianne Specially Blended Family 48 Count

Luzianne Specially Blended Family 48 Count

There is no other suitable alternative. If your are making Southern Sweet Tea, the options are use Luzianne or don't bother. I'm not really sure what to say other than that. The discrepancy in quality between Luzianne and its next closest competitor is huge. It is such a big difference that Luzianne is worth ordering if it is not available in your area.
THE Southern Sweet Tea recipe is:
- 1 part boiling water
- 3 parts hot water(not boiling)
- 1 family-size Luzianne tea bag per cup of boiling water (use more bags for more flavor)
- 0.25-0.75 part granulated sugar (depending on taste)

1) Pour boiling water over tea bags (DO NOT AGITATE, JUST POUR)
2) Let steep for 5 minutes without agitation (don't stir, don't squeeze, don't do anything!)
3) Remove tea bags quickly without squeezing or draining and discard
4) Pour steeped tea into hot water
5) Mix in sugar and stir until dissolved
6) Serve over ice

Get your Luzianne Specially Blended Family 48 Count Now!

7 komentar:

  1. I love this tea. It's so yummy for making iced tea with. I can't find it in the grocery stores in Seattle, so I order it through amazon. With a 48-count box I will not run out for a long time!

    BalasHapus
  2. Living here in the Pacific Northwest it is hard to find this brand so I had to settle for Lipton. When I saw this on Amazon I couldn't pass it up. Quick delivery too.

    I make mine the sun tea way and it comes out perfect. No bitter taste like I used to get with Lipton. Nice color too.

    I highly recommend this to anyone that enjoys their ice tea.

    BalasHapus
  3. Besides the fantastic taste, these are the only ice tea bags that I have been able to use in my Mr Coffee tea brewer that do not cloud up the liquid after refrigeration!

    BalasHapus
  4. New Jersey equals Lipton Tea which equals yucky. I missed my southern tea.
    Amazon, as always, saved my life. I now buy it by the case.
    I love you Amazon and I LOVE Luzianne Tea. best in the world.

    BalasHapus
  5. There is no other suitable alternative. If your are making Southern Sweet Tea, the options are use Luzianne or don't bother. I'm not really sure what to say other than that. The discrepancy in quality between Luzianne and its next closest competitor is huge. It is such a big difference that Luzianne is worth ordering if it is not available in your area.
    THE Southern Sweet Tea recipe is:
    - 1 part boiling water
    - 3 parts hot water(not boiling)
    - 1 family-size Luzianne tea bag per cup of boiling water (use more bags for more flavor)
    - 0.25-0.75 part granulated sugar (depending on taste)

    1) Pour boiling water over tea bags (DO NOT AGITATE, JUST POUR)
    2) Let steep for 5 minutes without agitation (don't stir, don't squeeze, don't do anything!)
    3) Remove tea bags quickly without squeezing or draining and discard
    4) Pour steeped tea into hot water
    5) Mix in sugar and stir until dissolved
    6) Serve over ice

    BalasHapus
  6. I'm from the south and Cold Sweet Iced Tea is like water. I'm very picky about it and it has to be freshly brewed and sweet'n to perfection while it's still warm. I do use a tea maker to brew it nearly daily. I like to add a little Mint as well (Celestial Seasonings Herb Tea, Mint Magic, 20-Count Tea Bags (Pack of 6)). Not to strong either.

    Obviously being so picky I've tried many different kinds of black teas and this is just my favorite. 2 Family bags to a gallon, one Mint tea bag and little over a cup of sugar pure cane. Some people like it like liquid candy and others I know like it just barely sweet. I'm in the middle. I want to be able to taste the tea herb flavor but for it not to be bitter.

    Hope this helps. I highly recommend it ;)

    BalasHapus
  7. First, Luzianne makes the best classic brewed iced tea, hands down. The family sized bags make 1 quart per bag, 48 quarts per box, 12 gallons of iced tea x 6 boxes @ $4.72 a box, thats 72 gallons of iced tea, certainly enough for the summer season and then some, plus free shipping if you play your cards right and order something else; you just can't beat that. You can't get Luzianne cheaper anywhere else.

    So stop buying the instant iced tea mix crap, get some of these bags and brew your own.

    BalasHapus